In this policy Storyvault Films Limited with registered office at 107A Hammersmith Bridge Road, London, W6 9DA, (Company or we) informs you about how we collect, use and disclose personal data from and about you, through this website www.storyvault.tv and our associated web sites.
Effective Date – 29th May 2018
Storyvault Films Limited of 107A Hammersmith Bridge Road, London, W6 9DA (Company or we) is the data controller of the personal data we collect from and about you through the Company Services.
For further information, please go to paragraph 1.
2. What kind of personal data do we collect about you?
We might collect data from and about you.
In particular, the Company may collect;
Name, Address, Email address, Telephone Contact numbers, Age range, Information relating to your Art, Up to 3 images of your Artwork, a Profile Picture and Personal information relating to our TV and Art production.
However, we do not collect either financial information from a payment service provider or sensitive data relating to you.
For further information, please go to paragraph 2
3. How do we use your personal data?
The main reason why we collect data about you is to provide you with Company Services and to allow you to interact with those services.
For further information, please go to paragraph 3.
4. On what basis do we use your personal data?
Your personal data is mainly collected in order to provide you with Company Services.
Your personal data is also necessarily collected to comply with legal obligations or to pursue the legitimate interests of the Company.
If you don’t provide the data we won’t be able to offer you the Company Services.
For further information, please go to paragraph 4.
5. How do we process your personal data?
The security of your data is a priority for us. We have implemented adequate administrative, technical and physical measures designed to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification.
For further information, please go to paragraph 5.
6. Who can access to your personal data?
We might share your personal data with: (i) service providers; (ii) our affiliated companies; and (iii) national authorities, when allowed by the applicable laws.
For further information, please go to paragraph 6.
7. Is your personal data transferred abroad?
Your personal data might be transferred to other countries within or outside the European Economic Area. We always make sure that appropriate and suitable safeguards compliant with applicable laws are in place to protect your personal data.
For further information, please go to paragraph 7.
8. What are your rights with regard to your personal data?
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data and these include the right to access, complete, update, amend and delete your personal data.
For further information, please go to paragraph 8.
9. Retention period applying to your personal data
The personal data we collect is retained for only for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which that data is collected.
For further information, please go to paragraph 9.
11. How can I contact you with regard to the processing of my personal data?
You can contact us at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
The Company Services are for a general audience, are not targeted at children, and do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16 years of age, unless in exceptional circumstances.
2. WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
The Company collects the following types of data from and about you:
1. Registration data is the information you submit to register for a Company Service (if made available by the Company), for example to enter a contest. This data may include, for example, name, surname, email address, gender, country, postcode and age.
2. Public data and posts are comments or content that you post on the Company Services and the personal data about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include a name, user name, comments, likes, status, profile information and picture. Public information and posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
4. Activity data. When you access and interact with the Company Services, we may collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to the Company Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Company Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device. Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and Adobe Flash technology commonly called Flash cookies) may also be collected.
5. Information from Other Sources. We may supplement the information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information about your online and offline activity from social media services and commercially available sources.
6. Information from you. If you supply us with your contact information or any other information as part of any customer support we provide you with or if you make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to the Company we will collect that too.
We do not collect:
1. Financial information from a payment service provider
2. Sensitive Information: We ask that you do not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal data (such as national insurance numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, trade union membership) on or through the Company Services or otherwise, with the exception of documentation required to carry out a DBS check.
3. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We use the personal data we collect from and about you to:
a) Provide the Company Services in relation to Portrait Artist of the Year, Landscape Artist of the Year and ART 50
b) Provide you with support and to respond to inquiries;
c) Comply with applicable laws or legal process and/or respond to requests from public and government authorities;
d) Complete a corporate transaction, such as a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Company business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). For example, if the Company is involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, the Company may disclose and transfer your personal data to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction;
e) Allow social sharing functionality; if you log in with or connect a social media service account with the Company Services, we may share your user name, picture, and likes, as well as your activities and comments with other Company Services users and with your friends associated with your social media service. We may also share the same personal data with the social media service provider;
4. ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The processing of your personal data for the purposes of:
The processing of your personal data for the other purposes of:
• Paragraph 3, letter e), is discretionary, but, without your consent, it is impossible to connect a social media service account with the Company Service so that you will have to log to the Company Service using a different mechanism;
You can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of Paragraph 3, letter e) at any time by sending a communication to the email address described in Paragraph 11 below.
5. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We process your personal data through both electronic and manual means. It is protected by adequate security measures, taking into account the state of art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purpose of processing as well as the risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals. In particular, we use appropriate administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard personal data of yours in the Company’s possession against loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification.
6. WHO CAN HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We may share your personal data for the purposes set out in Paragraph 3 to the following categories of recipients located within the European Union or outside of the European Union in compliance with and within the limits of the provisions of Paragraph 7:
a) Third party service providers entrusted with processing activities and duly appointed as processors when required by applicable laws e.g. cloud service providers, other entities of the group, providers of services instrumental to or supporting the Company Service including for companies that provide IT services, experts, consultants, lawyers and companies resulting from possible mergers, demergers, or other transformations;
b) Company Affiliates in their capacity as data controllers or data processors;
c) Competent authorities in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
7. IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED ABROAD?
Your personal data may be transferred to other countries (including countries other than where you are based that have a different data protection regime than the one existing in the country where you are based). If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), this may include countries outside of the EEA and in particular the United States. You can find the list of member states by clicking on the following link: https://europa.eu/european-union/about-eu/countries/member-countries_en. We have adopted appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data regardless of where it resides. Further information can be provided by filing a request to the Company as in Paragraph 11 of this Privacy Notice.
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS WITH REGARD TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the right to:
a) Obtain confirmation as to whether or not your personal data exists and to be informed of its content and source, verify its accuracy and request its rectification, update or amendment;
b) Request the deletion, anonymization or restriction of the processing of your personal data processed in breach of applicable law;
c) Object to or request the limiting of the processing, in all cases, of your personal data for legitimate reasons;
d) Receive an electronic copy of your personal data, if you would like to port the personal data, which you have provided to us, to yourself or to a different provider (data portability), when the personal data is processed by automatic means and the processing is either (i) based upon your consent or (ii) necessary for the provision of the Company Service; and
e) Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulatory authority.
You may send your request to the address indicated under Paragraph 11. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify clearly which information you would like to access, change, update, suppress, or delete.
Remember that even after you cancel your registration (if applicable) or if you ask us to delete your personal data, copies of that information from your registration may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services or, for example, when retention of copies is necessary to comply with legal obligation or legal defence. Because of the nature of caching technology, your registration may not be instantly inaccessible to others. We may also retain backups of your personal data on our servers for some time after cancellation or your request for deletion, to comply with applicable law.
9. RETENTION RIGHTS
We will retain your data only for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the data was collected for Portrait Artist of the Year, Landscape Artist of the Year and ART 50. The following retention periods will apply to the processing of your personal data:
At the end of the retention period your personal data will be either cancelled, anonymised or aggregated.
11. CONTACT US